We’re clear that investing in good environmental management saves money as well as protecting the environment. We were the first hotel group in the UK to be awarded Gold by Green Tourism, and we’ve invested £300,000 in sustainable technologies since 2009.
- reduce CO2 emissions by 20% between 2009 and 2017
- cut energy use by 10% per room between 2009 and 2017
- reduce water consumption to 250 litres per room sold by 2017
- recycle 90% of our waste by 2017
- introduce food composting in stages across our hotels
- increase our purchasing of sustainable equipment, food and supplies
- Introduced biodegradable straws in all of Jurys Inn UK and Ireland hotels in 2018 to cut down on plastic consumption.
- cut energy use by 9% since 2009, despite opening eight new hotels
- cut water consumption by 13% since 2009
- cut CO2 emissions by 5% since 2009