We see it as our responsibility to contribute to and invest in the communities around our hotels. We support local economies with jobs, training opportunities, through our supplier networks and by supporting local charities.
Our charity partners for 2018 and 2019 are Scope and their sister charities Rehab Group (Ireland), The Cedar Foundation (Northern Ireland) and Capability Scotland.
- Scope campaigns for equality for disabled people and their families and provides practical support and information in England and Wales.
- Capability Scotland provides care, support and education for disabled children and adults across Scotland.
- Rehab Group provides community support, learning and employability services in Ireland.
- The Cedar Foundation provides services to support individuals and families living with disability, autism and brain injury in Northern Ireland.
We’re aiming to:
- Work with our charity partners to drive social change so that disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else.
- Engage with local communities – by volunteering, supporting events and donating equipment.
- Raise £50,000 for local charities chosen by our hotels.
- Work with partners to provide work and training opportunities for people who need help to get into employment.
- Involve every hotel in completing the 30 Million Steps Charity Challenge, our fundraising activity for 2018.