- These Terms and Conditions apply to the booking made by the Client at the Hotel and together with the Meeting Contract when signed by both the Hotel and the Client (or by the Client’s agent on the Client’s behalf) shall, constitute the Contract between the Client and the Hotel. For the avoidance of doubt, no contract shall come into force or have effect and the Hotel will have no obligations to the Client until the Booking Agreement has been signed by both the Hotel and the Client (or by the Client’s agent on the Client’s behalf), the method of payment agreed by the Hotel, and if applicable, the Deposit and / or the payment against a Pro Forma invoice received by the Hotel. Where the Client’s agent signs the Meeting Contract ‘For and on behalf of the Client’, in the event of default by the Client, the Client’s agent will assume the full responsibilities of the Client under this Contract.
- This Contract shall be the only contract between the Client and the Hotel in relation to the Booking, and other verbal or written contracts or agreements shall not be recognised.
- The benefit of this Contract is personal to the Client and may not be assigned by the Client.
- Rates confirmed in the Meeting Contract are based on the details provided by the Client at the time of the Booking. Should the basis of any part of the booking change at any time following the date on which the Booking is made, an increase in rates may be applied by the Hotel.
- All rates specified in the Meeting Contract are inclusive of the prevailing rate of any applicable tax (VAT), should the VAT rate change this increase/reduction will be passed onto and, in the case of any increase, be paid by the Client.
3 Arrival and Departure - Bedrooms
Rooms will be available for occupation by Guests at the discretion of the Hotel as early as possible after 14.00 hrs on the day of arrival and must be vacated before 12 noon on the day of departure. Late check out after 12.00 noon can be requested by Guests subject to availability and may be charged by the Hotel at its discretion.
4 Rooming List - Bedrooms
A rooming list must be provided to the Hotel by the Client not less than 7 days before the date of arrival, in order for the Hotel to process for Guest arrival.
5 Room Drops and Porterage - Bedrooms
The cost of room drops and porterage is not included in the rates set out in the Meeting Contract. If any Guest requires this service they should contact the Hotel directly quoting the reference number set out on the Meeting Contract not less than 28 days prior to arrival. Additional charges will be charged for the provision of this service and will be payable by the Guest on arrival.6 Rooms - Bedrooms
All Rooms have a maximum adult occupancy as follows:
(i) Single: 1 adult only
(ii) Double, Twin or Family: 2 adults only
(iii) Triple: 3 adults only
- The Hotel has a limited number of rooms suitable for guests with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the Client to specify whether any Guest requires such a room. When returning the Booking Agreement.
- Some Hotels have a limited number of rooms available where smoking is permitted. If a Guest requires a Room in which smoking is permitted this should be specified on the Booking Form. As the number of rooms where smoking is permitted is strictly limited they will be allocated on a first come first served basis and no guarantee can be given by the Hotel that all or any requests for such rooms will be accommodated. All public areas of each Hotel, including, but not limited to, all bars and restaurants, are strictly no smoking.
- If any Guest, or any member of any Guest’s party, smokes in a Room where smoking is prohibited, the Hotel reserves the right to charge the Guest such sum as it is required to expend for specialist cleaning of the Room to make the Room fit for a no smoking environment.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT
7 Payment Misc.
- Unless the Client has an authorised credit agreement in place with the Hotel the payment detailed in line with the deposit schedule will be required to be paid by the Client by either a credit or debit card or by BACS transfer to the Hotel’ bank account at Natwest, Corporate & Commercial Banking, 14 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AQ; Account No 10000674; Sort Code 50 42 56. Where the Client has an authorised credit agreement in place with the Hotel, All amounts are payable in currency local to the Hotel.
- Where the Client has an authorised credit agreement in place with the Hotel and the total cost of the accommodation set out in the meeting contract exceeds the balance of the credit available under the authorised credit agreement, an invoice will be issued by the Hotel up to an amount not exceeding the balance of the credit available and the amount by which the cost of the accommodation exceeds the balance then remaining shall be paid by the Client by BACs Transfer to the Hotels bank account at Natwest, Corporate & Commercial Banking, 14 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AQ Account No 10000674; Sort Code 50 42 56.
- Where the Client has an authorised credit agreement in place with the Hotel but has failed to discharge any amount due under such authorised credit agreement in accordance with the terms of the authorised credit agreement, the Hotel reserves the right to issue an invoice for the full cost of the accommodation which shall be paid by the Client by BACs Transfer to the Hotels bank account at Natwest, Corporate & Commercial Banking, 14 Blythswood Square, Glasgow G2 4AQ Account No 10000674; Sort Code 50 42 56.
- Where Guests are to settle their own individual account upon departure, all amounts are payable in currency local to the Hotel.
- By returning the signed Meeting Contract and credit or debit card details of each Guest the Client warrants, represents, undertakes and confirms to the Hotel that each Guest has authorised the Hotel to debit the relevant credit or debit card with all of the amounts due to the Hotel in respect of the Booking.
- Save in cases where Guests are to settle all or part of their own accounts on departure, the Client will be liable to pay to the Hotel all charges incurred by or on behalf of or at the request of the Client, its guests, agents or employees for any accommodation food, beverage or any other goods or services provided by the Hotel, and the Hotel will calculate the sum actually payable in respect thereof.
- The Hotel shall send an invoice to the Client showing the sum actually payable and the Client will pay the balance due (after deduction of any sums already paid in respect of the Booking) within seven days of the departure date specified in the Meeting Contract
- Any queries which the Client may have with regard to on any invoiced amount it must be raised in writing by the Client with the Hotel within 7 days after date of invoice, otherwise the total amount specified in the invoice shall become payable.
- If the Client shall fail to pay all or any part of any sum due to the Hotel under this Contract on the due date for payment, the Client shall pay to the Hotel interest on any such overdue sum from the due date to the date of payment at 4% above Barclays Bank base rate on a daily basis.
- The Hotel may utilise the non refundable deposit or any other monies paid to it by the Client against any outstanding sum payable by the Client to the Hotel.
- Where Guests are to settle all or part of their own accounts on departure, the Guest will be liable to pay to the Hotel all charges incurred by or on behalf of or at the request of the Guest for any accommodation food, beverage or any other goods or services provided by the Hotel, and the Hotel will calculate the sum actually payable in respect thereof which the Guest will settle in full on or prior to departure.
- The Hotel accepts the following credit cards Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Diners. Any payments made using any such credit cards will be liable to a surcharge of an amount equal to 2.5% of the total amount paid using the credit card.
8 Cancellation Policy – Deposit and Payment
Should the Client cancel all or part of this booking the hotel reserves the right to charge the following:
Up to 12 weeks prior to the function date no charge
12 weeks to 8 weeks prior to function date 25% of contracted anticipated spend Inc VAT
8 weeks to 4 weeks prior to function date 50% of contracted anticipated spend inc. VAT
4 weeks to 2 weeks prior to function date 75% of contracted anticipated spend inc. VAT
2 weeks to function date 100% of contracted anticipated spend inc. VAT
If accommodation is required, on presentation of the Final rooming list, 7 days prior to arrival, all unsold rooms will be released back to the hotel following written confirmation from the Client and cancellation charges will apply as above.
In the event that a booking, conference and or accommodation, is postponed, the client will be offered three alternative dates within 9 months of the date of postponement. If the client confirms the booking for a later date the deposits paid will not be lost. Should the Client not be willing to commit to any of the dates offered, deposits paid will be fully forfeited to the hotel. For postponement of the event within 2 weeks prior to function date, the above cancellation charges will apply.
For bookings of 14 rooms or less notice of any cancellations or reduction in the number of rooms received less than 72 hours prior to the arrival date or in the event of a no-show, will result in the client or the guest, as the case may be, being charged the full amount set out in the Meeting Contract. For bookings of 15 rooms or more notice of any cancellations or reduction in the number of rooms received less than 28 days prior to the arrival date or in the event of a no-show, will result in the client or the guest, as the case may be, being charged the full amount set out in the Meeting Contract.
9 Commission – Deposit and Payment
The Company will pay any pre-agreed commission on pre-booked services payable on this booking, after the event.
10 Dedicated Meeting Rooms – Deposit and Payment
Prices are quoted based on services booked only. Additional services booked whilst in-house will be extra. The guaranteed number of attendees must be confirmed to the Conference & Banqueting Office not less than 7 days prior to the commencement of the function (or where the booking is taken less than 7 days prior to the event, immediately) and the charges payable will be based on this guarantee or those attending, whichever is greater.
11 Deposit Schedule – Deposit and Payment
A deposit schedule based on the estimated group value applies as follows:
Up to 8 weeks prior to function 10% of contracted rate
8 weeks to 4 weeks prior to function date 25% of contracted rate
4 weeks to 2 weeks prior to function date 75% of contracted rate
2 weeks to function date 100% of contracted rate
Pro Forma invoices will be issued in line with the above deposit schedule.
Failure to comply with the deposit schedule may at The Company’s discretion, result in the cancellation of the reservation.
All food will be removed from the room 1 hour 30 mins after serving in accordance with current health and safety guidance.
13 Frustration to Contract and Liability
- The Hotel shall not be liable to the Client or the Guest if it or the Hotel is prevented from carrying out any or all of its obligations by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including government intervention, strikes, labour disputes, accidents, acts of God, national or local disasters or war or any event causing the whole or a substantial part of the Hotel to be closed to the public.
- The Hotel’s total liability to the Client or the Guest, as the case may be, and whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this Contract shall be no greater than the amount already paid by the Client or the Guest to the Hotel in respect of services specified in the Meeting Contract.
In the unlikely event that the Client or Guest has a problem during their stay it must be brought to the attention of the Hotel’s management at the time to ensure that the Hotel has an opportunity to rectify the problem before departure. If the Client or Guest is not satisfied that the issue has been resolved fully all details should be submitted in writing within 7 days of departure to Customer Contact Centre, Jurys Inn Group Ltd., 245 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HQ or by email at Customercontactcentre@jurysinns.com.
Any variation to the terms of this Contact will only be binding if they are in writing and signed on behalf of the Hotel.
16 General Law
The provision of these terms and conditions and all disputes arriving out of or in connection therewith shall be construed in accordance with and governed by English Law.
Termination of Contract: The Company reserves the right to terminate contract without prejudice to any other right it may have, in the event that The Client fails to comply with the terms of this agreement.