This section is designed for journalists or anyone seeking information on our company. Here you can access press releases and general information about Jurys Inn Hotel Group.
Helen Smith Tel. +44 (0)7875 586725 or email
Ben Valdimarsson Tel. +353 (0) 1 412 0500, +353 (0) 86 173 5123 or email
Jurys Inn gets its Nottinghamshire STARS
submited Tue 14 Jun, 2011
Jurys Inn Nottingham takes home prestigious award for 'Outstanding Young Manager'
June 2011, Jurys Inn Nottingham's shortlisted employees, Nicola Ross and Alison Turner joined their General Manager Simon Anglin and over 240 people from the tourism, hospitality, leisure and culture industries for the Nottinghamshire Stars awards evening. Alison Turner scooped the 'Outstanding Young Manager' award with Nicola Ross just missing out on the 'Excellence in Customer Service' award.
The awards, designed to celebrate the unsung heroes of the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries throughout Nottinghamshire are hotly anticipated and much coveted among a workforce in excess of 31,000 which spans all ages, genders and ethnic backgrounds. Nottinghamshire Stars gives a wide range of employees from differing levels of skill and ability to become ambassadors for the industry and by nominating staff for one of the 11 categories, a chance to be champions of their brand.
Simon Anglin, General Manager for Jurys Inn Nottingham commented: “We're delighted that both Nicola and Alison were shortlisted for this year's awards in recognition of the hardwork, professionalism and the fantastic spirit they bring to the team. There’s a Jurys way of doing things - it’s in our group’s DNA. We recruit employees not just based on skills but their friendliness and ability to deliver outstanding service and a warm welcome every time.”
The Nottinghamshire STARS awards send out a positive message about the tourism industry, raising awareness of the commitment made by staff and students in the industry and rewarding them for excellence and dedication to quality. Nottinghamshire STARS promotes tourism, leisure, culture and hospitality as career choices offering reward for ability, loyalty and commitment.
The 264 bedroom Jurys Inn Nottingham hotel is situated on the London Road in central Nottingham, close to the central railway station and just two minutes from Nottingham’s tramway. The hotel’s spacious and comfortable rooms are all en-suite and can accommodate three adults, two adults and two children, or just one person in complete comfort. Business guests at Jurys Inn Nottingham can enjoy dedicated meeting rooms, top-of-the-range communication systems, free charger hire for mobiles, Wi-fi available in the lobby and public areas as well as friendly, efficient staff available 24 hours a day.
NOTES TO EDITORS: Jurys Inn: Exceptional Everyday City Hotels
Jurys Inn Accolades
- Jurys Inn has 31 great hotels all in city centre locations offering great value and warm, friendly service - everytime
- Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays will be the 24th Jurys Inn hotel to open in the UK, on August 25th 2011. Jurys Inn Bradford opened in July 2010, following six new UK openings in 2009 in Sheffield, Watford, Exeter, Swindon, Derby, Aberdeen and one hotel in Prague
- Jurys Inn is an international hotel group founded in Ireland with hospitality in its DNA. The employees strive to make the exceptional everyday through their commitment to service
- Guests rate the group higher than its three star status due to the consistency of service and some of the hotel features which are more typical of a four star hotel. These include large, welcoming receptions in all of the hotels, staffed 24 hours a day, as well as a separate bar and restaurant for guests to relax in or meet friends and work colleagues
- Scottish Premium Budget Hotel Award – Jurys Inn Glasgow - Scottish Hotel Awards 2011
- Reception Team Award – Jurys Inn Glasgow – Scottish Hotel Awards 2011
- Business Performance Gold Medal 2011 – Jurys Inn Edinburgh – Scottish Hotel Awards 2011
- Rising Star Manager Medal 2011 – Jurys Inn Edinburgh, Claire Livingston
- Coalition partner The Liberal Democrats chose Jurys Inn Liverpool as their main conference hotel for Ministers, MPs and delegates in September 2010
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh won The Green Award for Scotland in the 2010 Chamber of Commerce Awards
- Jurys Inn Newcastle won a Silver Award at the North East England Tourism Awards for Sustainable Tourism
- Jurys Inn Liverpool won a Silver Award for Sustainable Tourism at the North West Visit England awards.
- Jurys Inn Southampton was awarded a Silver Award for Sustainable Tourism at the South East Visit England awards.
- National Gold award for Outstanding Customer Service won by Christina Dixon, Jurys Inn Liverpool at the Enjoy England Awards for Excellence 2010
- Best Independent Hotel Brand 2010 at the Business Travel Awards
- In January 2010, Jurys Inn became the UK's First Green Hotel Group as recognised by the Green Tourism Business Scheme
- Eco Hotel Group of the Year and Scottish Eco Hotel of the Year (Edinburgh) at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
- Jurys Inn Liverpool won the Sustainable Tourism Award at The Mersey Partnership Tourism Awards 2010
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen was named Scottish New Hotel of the Year and Aberdeen City Hotel of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
- Jurys Inn Glasgow was awarded Premium Budget Hotel of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
- Most Improved Business Brand 2009 based on the results of BDRC's annual British Hotel Guest Survey
For further information please contact: Alix Vonk on 020 7255 6458 // email@example.com Helen Smith on 07946 304375// firstname.lastname@example.org