London is one of the most popular tourist spots in the world. Over 15 million tourists visit London per year, making it the most-visited city in the world. With that many people, you know that there’s a wealth of information about the best places to visit, things to see and reviews about the best hotels in London. Technology has been used to bring all that information together in one place, so here are the top five iPhone apps to use to get the best out of your visit to London.
1. Lonely Planet London City Guide Probably the best iPhone app for London tourists. It has a simple and efficient user interface, as well as detailed maps of London neighborhoods both on-and-offline. It even makes recommendations regarding the best places to go in London.
2. Fodor’s London Travel Guide Fodor is the premiere publishing companies for the best information about traveling to any place in the world. They’ve come out with an iPhone app that provides all that info at your fingertips. It provides reviews of local restaurants, hotels, and shops. Its Fodor’s Choice feature recommends establishments on a detailed map, with a search feature, and “things to do” and “sites to see” nearby your search items.
3. London: A Frommer’s Complete Guide An overview of London, along with recommendations for shopping, night spots, and other tourist attractions. This app is integrated with Google Maps, and includes recommended itineraries and walking tours.
4. London TripWolf Travel Guide Provides the best content from travel guide publishers like Footprint and Marco Polo. It breaks down information into categories like nightlife, nature and adventure, accommodations, culture and sights, and other searchable points of interests.
5. London City Slicker Has excellent video and audio clips that will entertain you while you tour the city. Its best feature is eight walking tours narrated by historian Adam Heart Davis, which include famous pubs and local restaurants. This app is full of pictures, Google maps, and contact information.