Since 1839, when William Jury opened his first guesthouse at No. 7 College Green, Dublin, the company has grown its brand to incorporate 31 properties across the UK, Ireland and the Czech Republic.
In its more recent history, Jurys Inn Hotel Group Ltd became a public limited company in 1986 quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange. Within four years the first UK property opened in Glasgow and by 1993 the first Jurys Inns opened in Galway and in Christchurch, Dublin.
Over the next four years, new hotels opened in Cork, Custom House Dublin, Belfast & Limerick and expansion in the UK continued in 1998 with the opening of the Jurys Inn Islington and Jurys Inn Edinburgh.
In 1999, Jurys Hotel Group & Doyle Hotels merged to form Jurys Doyle Hotel Group. In 2001, the two Birmingham properties of Chamberlain Hotels Limited were acquired and the Chamberlain Tower Hotel was re-named Jurys Inn Birmingham.
The next decade saw deep investment in Jurys Inns, including refurbishment of existing hotels and the expansion of the group through new properties throughout the UK (including 3 in London and Scotland), Ireland and Czech Republic.
In 2007, Jurys Inn was acquired by Avestus Capital Partners, and one year later Oman Investment Fund acquired 50% of Jurys Inn equity.
We're pleased to be recognised not just for the physical quality of our hotels but also the emphasis we put on working with great employees, and we were honoured to be awarded the Gold Standard by Investors in People. Their report commended the group's Continuous commitment to employees.