We have a long-established and high profile Graduate Programme which aims to develop Graduates into our managers of the future.
GROW Graduateis a 2 year programme where you will get the opportunity to live and breathe hospitality and learn all aspects of hotel operation and management. In your first year, you will rotate through all departments, namely Food & Beverage, Front Office, Accommodation, Nights and Meetings & Events to get a real feel and understanding of the whole operation and how each area plays a part in the overall success of the hotel. This gives you the opportunity to build your knowledge, skills and confidence as well as to gain the respect of the team around you. Before the year is out, you will start to shadow the management team and learn the basics of Duty Management.
After 12 months, you will move to another hotel location, to allow you the opportunity to put your first year learning into practice and take on more managerial responsibilities as a Duty Manager. At the end of the programme (or even before), we expect you to have moved into your first management role - in operational management or a function area.
What opportunities are there on the Graduate Programme for me to develop?
Extensive learning & development is provided throughout the programme. In addition to the on-the-job skills training, you will participate in a range of off-the-job learning & development activities, such as face-to-face training, webinars and online training courses, all of which will develop your business awareness and core management skills needed to be a success in the hospitality industry. You will also be given a mentor throughout the programme and beyond, which is a Senior Manager within the business to support you and provide guidance in your career development. Throughout the programme there are opportunities to undertake work based projects that add real value to the organisation.
This is a role where we provide hands on training, development and progression within a dynamic, award winning and people focused company. Career progression is a key strength of our business with over 85% of General Managers being promoted from within the business. Furthermore, working in our hotels gives you the opportunity to demonstrate newly learned skills on a daily basis and to receive feedback from the management team and your appointed Mentor.
When does the programme start?
We usually take on new Graduates each year and the 2-year programme commences in September.
What is involved in the application process?
- Apply online - apply online once the application window opens (usually January).
- Video interview - If you are successful from the initial screening, you will be invited to complete a video interview online.
- Graduate Talent Centre – a face-to-face opportunity to show off your skills and personality via a range of activities and talking to some of our Senior Managers.
- Final Interview – this is usually with the General Manager of the hotel you where you will be based in your first year.
What we look for in our Graduates…
- A degree (preferably hospitality, leisure or tourism related) and/or Experience within the hospitality, leisure or tourism industries.
- Strong mobility and flexible with work locations.
- A sparkling personality and genuine passion for our industry.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’.
- Organised & able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent people and communication skills.